The resources contained on this page are intended to support you and learners / clients.
- The most recent 10 resources uploaded (accross all areas of practice) are displayed below
- Select your 'Practice Area' and press GO to display ALL content for that area ONLY (You can also filter by the additional categories that will subsequently display)
- If you know the title / general description of the resource you are looking for, type into the 'Keyword' search box and press GO
- Many resources are provided in English AND Irish (GA indicates 'as Gaeilge')
FEATURE IMAGE COLOUR KEY: Blue: Post Primary - Purple: Further Education & Training - Green: European/International
A number of the resources provided are editable templates', after downloading you will need to have the appropriate software installed on your device in order to customise these resources.
For example MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, MS PowerPoint
If you have any queries about these resources please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Covid-19) Continuity of Guidance Counselling - Guidelines for schools providing online support for students
Department of Education and Skills
(Covid-19) Supervision: Information for Supervisors and Guidance Counsellors
Department of Education and Skills / Monaghan Education Centre
Euro-Quest - Resource for Schools
As we are all doing our best to adapt to a ‘virtual learning environment’, we wanted to highlight Euro-Quest as a resource that might be helpful to you as part of your virtual guidance delivery. Developed by NCGE / Euroguidance Ireland - Euro-Quest promotes educational mobility. It gives an overview of Europe, highlights the study, training opportunities available, gives advice and suggestions about living and studying abroad and empowers students to research available courses.
Euro-Quest is FREE to use, and students can access and complete from home.
It is particularly suitable for TY and 5th year students.
Post Primary, European / International
NCGE / Euroguidance Ireland
Developing a Confidentiality Policy for Post-Primary Schools
- General information pertaining to Confidentiality and Consent in Guidance in the school context
- A sample ‘School Confidentiality Policy’ which may be adjusted for use in post-primary schools.
- A sample ‘Confidentiality and Consent Checklist’
- A sample ‘Consent Form to Attend Confidential One to One Guidance Sessions' for parents/guardians
- A list of references and relevant documents / information
NCGE / Colum Layton
Developing a Policy on Assessment in Post Primary Schools
Record Templates for Guidance Counselling One-to-One Meetings with Students
In keeping with professional good practice in guidance; records should be kept of all meetings with students.
Examples of simple, one-page templates for use during an educational/career guidance one-to-one meeting and a personal guidance counselling one-to-one meeting with students can be accessed below.
It may be helpful to print and photocopy these (completed) documents after each meeting with a student so both the Guidance Counsellor and student share the same record of the meeting.
NCGE / Colum LaytonGuidance for ALL
Applying for Jobs
The resource outlines a number of helpful tips for students applying for work experience including how to identify what to apply for and how to prepare a CV and cover letter.
NCGE / Colum LaytonDeveloping My Career Path, Developing My Learning, Guidance for ALL
Exam Taking Skills
This resource involves tips for students and parents. The purpose of this resource is to help Guidance Counsellors to deal with many of the issues presented by students who wish to improve their approach to examinations.
It provides a framework on which to explore some of the concerns of students.
The resource is provided in Word Document format and contains 4 x main sections.
- INFORMATION FOR GUIDANCE COUNSELLORS
- INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
- INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
- PREPARING FOR EXAMS: THE ESSENTIALS OF EXAM PREPARATION
You may find it convenient to seperate out the sections in this document and provide digitally or in printed form to students and parents.
NCGE / Colum LaytonDeveloping My Learning