Guidance and Returning to School for Academic Year 2020-2021
25th August 2020
This webinar set the scene for academic year 2020-2021 and supported Guidance Counsellors with their planning and organisation as they return to work. All relevant and contemporary issues e.g. the concept and practicalities of blended learning are addressed.
This webinar provided content and guidance on:
- Adapting the Whole School Guidance Plan to include digitalised guidance.
- Protocol for one-to-one Guidance Counselling (including contracting/record-keeping and what happens if the call gets disconnected
- How to target/prioritise students.
- Planning issues and what to discuss/agree with school management
- Self-care for the Guidance Counsellor
- Outline of programme of CPD
- A ‘checklist’ for the Guidance Counsellor to support them with the transition back to school
You can access the accompanying presentation below and view the webinar recording on Vimeo by clicking the 'Resource Link'
Additional accompanying resources
- Digitalised Guidance Planning (template)
- A Checklist for Guidance Counsellors: transitioning back to school in academic year 2020-2021
...are available directly under this post.
NCGE / Dr Michael Redmond (JMB)Autumn 2020 Webinar Series