Guidance Related Learning Resources - Junior Cycle
NCGE and CareersPortal.ie are delighted to announce that a suite of innovative and integrated Junior Cycle Guidance Related Learning and teaching resources are NOW available.
- This content provides three units of learning: a unit for first year, second year and third year
- Each unit of learning has 7 lessons: 21 lessons in total
- Each lesson includes a lesson plan, presentation and student worksheet
- The lessons are available in English and Irish
- These lessons are suitable for use both in the classroom and if students are learning remotely
In line with the Whole School Guidance Framework (NCGE, 2017) and in accordance with the holistic model of guidance provision in post primary schools, lesson plans and class content includes a focus on 'developing myself,' 'developing my learning' and 'developing my career path' and may raise issues of a personal or social nature for students.
Guidance Counsellors and other teachers delivering these classroom guidance lessons are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the lesson plans in advance of delivery.
Guidance Counsellors / teachers should be mindful of any issues or considerations that may arise for the students in their school when planning these guidance related learning lessons.
Within the whole school guidance plan, Guidance Counsellors and teachers will agree the school process for arranging 1-1 guidance counselling session for students in 1st - 3rd year, should the need arise.
Topics presented in the units of learning include (but are not limited to):
- My School Year
- My Supports
- My Goals
- My Values
- My Study Skills
- My Pathways
You can access these resources directly below.
GUIDANCE RELATED LEARNING RESOURCES (Junior Cycle)
NCGE / Careers Portal
Autumn 2020 Webinar Series
open this content on one page