NCGE was established under the aegis of Léargas - The Exchange Bureau, a company limited by guarantee, in 1995, following the earlier establishment in Léargas of the Transnational Vocational Information and Guidance centre, under the EU’s Petra Programme. An NCGE Management Committee was appointed at that time by the Minister for Education for an initial three year period. In 2010, the Management of Guidance Committee for NCGE was re-established as a sub-committee of the Board of Léargas. The aims and objectives of NCGE were updated and the separate roles and responsibilities of the Board of Léargas and the Management of Guidance Committee have been clarified. The Minister of Education and Skills nominates the members of the Committee, who are then appointed by the Board of Leargas. The Management of Guidance Committee meet five to six times a year.
- Record of 6th meeting - April 2018
- Record of 5th meeting - February 2018
- Record of 4th meeting - December 2017
- Record of 3rd meeting - October 2017
- Record of 2nd meeting - May 2017
- Record of 1st meeting - March 2017