The Advisory Committee on Psychometric Testing is convened by NCGE on behalf of the DES and meets once every 2 - 3 years to review and update the list of psychometric tests and assessments approved by the Department for use in post-primary schools.
The following organisations are represented on the Committee:
- Institute of Guidance Counsellors (IGC)
- ILSA (Irish Learning Support Association)
- PSI (Psychological Society of Ireland)
- NEPS (National Educational Psychological Service)
- DES (Department of Education and Skills)
- NCGE (National Centre for Guidance in Education)
- DSGC (Directors of Studies in Guidance Counselling)
- School of Inclusive & Special Education (DCU St. Patrick’s Campus)
The Register of Psychometric Test Use: guidance counsellors, which is maintained by the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) endorses the professional competence of guidance counsellors in the administration of psychometrictests and supports the implementation of good practice in psychometric testing in schools.
To apply to join the register and to find out more click HERE
Both NEPS and NCGE provide guidelines on best practice in psychometric testing which are available below: