This webinar will address Whole School Guidance planning during this phase of the covid-19 pandemic.
Post Primary CPD
Autumn 2020 - NCGE Post Primary Webinar Series
During the summer of 2020, the Department of Education outlined a plan for supporting the well-being of school communities on the return to school. To streamline support for school communities the Department of Education, through its Wellbeing Implementation Group, proposes a 3-phase approach to wellbeing in schools in 2020/21. Below is a link to a suite of webinars that the NCGE is delivering regarding phase 1 of returning to school. This phase is concerned with ‘re-entry’ and ‘settling in’.
A wide range of topics on the provision of Guidance in post-primary schools during the academic year 2020/21 are addressed and a large number of pragmatic resources will be introduced and explained within each webinar to support practice around each topic.
This programme was developed in line with feedback and information provided by Guidance Counsellors and School Management in a
survey distributed at the end of academic year 2019/20
- Both School Guidance Counsellors and School Management are invited to participate.
- All Webinars will be hosted on the 'Zoom' platform - View / Download a 'Short Guide to Participating in NCGE Webinars'
- Most webinars will be recorded and subsequently made available on the NCGE Resources Webpage
- Certificates of participation will be issued on completion of the series (not before)
- You can download a schedule of the webinars for printing HERE
To register your participation for a webinar please click the Zoom registration link available by clicking a webinar title below
(more details about the content of the webinar will also display)
- If you intend to particpate in more than one webinar, please note that for security reasons separate registration is required for each one.
- You do not have to sign up for all at the same time. NCGE will issue remider communications during September and October 2020 and this page will remain live during that time.
- Please ensure your correct e-mail is entered on each registration page, as the access link is automatically sent to the address populated there
- It may be the case that your local IT policy will classify the e-mails (with access links) sent from Zoom as junk / spam.
If you fail to receive a webinar link for any registered webinar; it is advised that you check your junk / spam folders and request the 'whitelisting’ of any communications from Zooms automated e-mail server - firstname.lastname@example.org - with your IT service / dept.
NCGE schedule of CPD for Phase 1 of Department Plan - Supporting the Wellbeing of School Communities on the Return to School
NCGE will present and discuss supports developed in this area.
Guest speakers will provide information on mobility / Europe.
By the end of the session guidance counsellors will have an overview of:
- The mobility opportunities available to students and where to access more information about them.
- The tools available to support mobility
- The organisations in Ireland that support mobility.
- How to engage in a mobility experience for their own CPD.
Eighteen lessons of Guidance Related Learning for Junior Cycle students have been developed. Each lesson contains a comprehensive PowerPoint presentation, a detailed lesson plan and student worksheet. These lessons are suitable for use both in the classroom and if students are learning remotely. This webinar introduced all aspects of these newly developed resources for Junior Cycle Guidance.
This webinar aimed to reassure Guidance Counsellors that they can be confident in their provision of digital guidance. The practice of providing Guidance online or over the phone was discussed in a practical way, with links to pedagogy and Guidance training.
This webinar supported Guidance Counsellors who are recently qualified and who will begin to work in post-primary schools in their new role in September 2020.