This PowerPoint and integrated video present and summarise information contained in the three key documents (below) published in March / April 2020, in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- DES - Continuity of Guidance Counselling-Guidelines for schools providing online support for students.
- NCGE - Support Information for Guidance Counsellors in Schools (Covid-19 School Closures 2020)
- Monaghan Education Centre - Supervision: Information for Supervisors and Guidance Counsellors
Each of the documents above can also be accessed in this section by clicking HERE
This resource is intended to provide initial CPD in this areas and to reassure guidance counsellors.
Operating a remote guidance service for post-primary students is, in many ways, similar to our ‘normal’ provision of Guidance. All of the same government legislation and policy is relevant as we aim to provide a range of learning experiences for all students, in the three interlinked areas of Guidance. In the provision of remote-Guidance, there are some additional considerations for guidance counsellors to reflect on, discuss and agree with school management.
This presentation provides information for Guidance Counsellors on:
- Data Protection
- Targeting Groups
- Setting up and running online guidance lessons
- Dealing with student referrals and staff concerns
This resource highlights supports and resources that may be useful to guidance counsellors at this challenging time. In addition, the NCGE and many other bodies are available to support the continuation of your provision of guidance. Please access support as often as you need it.
While this presentation focuses specifically on guidance provision in Post-Primary schools, the concepts and considerations could inform the provision of online guidance counselling in FET settings also.
- This PowerPoint and integrated video is a large file. We recommend that it is best viewed if it is downloaded first. It may take some time to download.
- Before launching the 'slideshow' please ensure that your sound volume is sufficiently raised.
- The slideshow will progress AUTOMATICALLY, but you can also navigate using your key pad arrow keys / mouse / screen tap. You can replay individual video elements by clicking on each video 'box' and then clicking the 'play' button.
- If accessing with an iPad please utilise the 'Keynote' application (see - https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/keynote-ipad/tan72232b56/ipados)