6th – 8th November 2019
This TCA will consider - 'the significant challenges for Guidance Counsellors in supporting adults in managing ‘career security’ in an insecure world'
This theme is one that will relate to all Guidance practitioners and those providing Guidance Services in FET.
We expect to have Irish Practitioners attending - alongside around 35 practitioners from Europe.
We therefore want to draw the event to the attention to Guidance staff in Adult Education Guidance Services, YR-CTC Advocates, PLC Guidance Counsellor and Guidance practitioners from across FET, and the ‘wider world’ of Adult & Community Education & Training.
NCGE FET Guidance has secured Sandra Cheyne from Skills Development Scotland to be the keynote speaker for the event.
From the keynote address, the examples of Practice and engagement with workshops this TCA will provide opportunities to share expertise and experience with Guidance professionals from across Europe.
Themes will also be explored and discussed with a view to supporting development of KA1 and KA2 projects to support sharing expertise & practise.
The Seminar will centre around the topics below:
• Understanding & Building resilience and promoting coping skills with adult clients
• Challenges of providing meaningful guidance in the context of the ‘new’ employment – when employment is likely to be ‘piecemeal’, rather than ‘secure for life’;
• Provision of Career Management Skills, and the ‘Career Construction’ approach.
• Guidance support for clients to promote understanding that every ‘part’ of a work portfolio has value;
• Integrating ‘Upskilling’ and‘Skills for Work’ - meeting the challenges of provision of integrated Lifelong Guidance support;
To apply - PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM (select field - 'Adult Education' at the beginning)
Deadline for applications: 21 October 2019
Additional information is available on the Léargas website HERE